Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF PhoneManager Pro Softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdavidcook

Technical User
May 12, 2006
US
IPOffice 412 runnning 4.0 (14), Voicemail Pro in Intuity mode; users running the PhoneManager Softphone can't pass DTMF. This worked under 3.2 but stopped after we went to 4.0. I'm contemplating 4.2, but until I get around to that, is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks...

"This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays"
//scook

Check the extension in the manager if "out of band dtmf" is checked.

Avaya_Red.gif

upgrade to 4.2
we all agree here that 4.0 was a lemon.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Yes, I know NOW that 4.0 was a lemon! :) That's why I'm trying to sell mgmt on the upgrade. Their call, not mine...anyway, Out of Band DTMF is indeed checked on the extension. If it bears mentioning, DTMF doesn't work for PhoneManger Pro for non-VoIP users, either...

Thanks again...

//scook

Lemon is generous. i tend to refer to it as a monumental F*** Up.

Sdavidcook, would i be right in thinking you were posting recently about a different issue and that your management were reluctant to upgrade?

it looks like you are building a decent case for it.

print off the posts from here, make sure you didnt slate your managers in any of the posts, and then leave them on the appropriate desk.

there are other good reasons to upgrade, new features etc.

0118999 88199 9119725..3

TomMills, you are correct, that WAS me. I've been trying to get the greenlight for the upgrade and I think I've finally got it as of late yesterday afternoon. I'm aware of some of the new features, but not all, but I'm mainly looking forward to a stable, lower-maintenance platform.

Thanks to everyone for the support. This page is a jewel for we IT guys out here who don't always have a strong telco background!

//scook

//scook

download the new manager, install it (its backwards compatible with your level of software)

hit f1, and go to contents. top of the tree is manager, open that and the top of that tree is "whats new in 4.2"

there you will see all the new bits, and what works differently, and as you are coming from 4.0 theres also a rather handy what was new in 4.1

enjoy reading :)

0118999 88199 9119725..3

definalty a 4.0 issue..as said and to be fair its just one in a long list..i would upgrade for the new features yes but to clear a very buggy 4.0 (Any revision)

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office

So sayeth ye all, and it shall be done! I've pulled the new Mangager and had a look see, and me likey! I'll be doing this in a couple weeks. My reseller assures me (!) that I'll also be clearing up some other nigglies I've had as well, like getting disconnect/reconnect alerts from like 60 extensions every 3rd or 4th merge!!!

Thanks all!

//scook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back