Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF on analog extension ports for integrating voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

storacall

Programmer
Mar 4, 2005
GB
Does the Meridian Option11 suport in-band DTMF tones on the analog extension ports, that will allow a 3rd party vendor to connect a voicemail.

in-band analog. I saw this once, but never worked it. If I am correct it does, but some of our "older and wiser" users should be able to answer this.

let's see who gives their age away first.

John

well i am 112 in dog years, not really but my great grand kids think so.. yes it does, call a analog set from an analog set and press a number, the person on the other end will hear the tone, that is inbound dtmf to a analog port

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John. The question relates to Voicemail integration. When the analogue extension port used for the voicemail answers a call. Can the Meridian automatically send DTMF digits relating to the caller, type of call etc. i.e. on answer DTMF digits are sent relating to the callers extension number. Also if a user diverts their phone to the voicemail port does the Meridian recieve a string of DTMF such as call-from xxxx for xxxx. I.E #2001#2500 or something like that ?

Are they wanting to know if the switch sends out DTMF or are they looking for Inband ANI over a T1 connection to their voicemail system?

John

This question relates only to the internal ability of the Meridian 1 to send to its internal analogue extension ports information that will allow a voicemail to integrate with the system. the voicemail will be connected onto these analogue ports via a dialogic D12JCT card.. it will not be connected to a T1 or E1.

yes it works inbound ie, on the same channel that voice is on, that intergration will work.. sorry if i got off subject

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Looking for How to:

What kind of ports do I need and tips for programming?

loop start did or tie, a universial trunk card, i can post the nt number tomorrow. that will ring in and then send digits after the server answers.. in ld 86 build a rlb sends calls to that route.. then in 87 build dsc's that send the 4 numbers to the server route.. i can post the code from my 81 tomorrow, it will be simular to your 11. it's a pretty simple build

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back