Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF not working/being stripped

Status
Not open for further replies.

amriddle01

Programmer
May 2, 2007
GB
Has anyone seen this issue, It is a 500 running v4.0.5 software and 8 channels on PRI, from any handset making an outgoing call you cannot send DTMF to make menu selections etc!! AS far as I know thtere is no setting to stop this by default...any ideas? Any help appreciated!!

There is no bug regarding this issue.

Are you saying if you ring your moby and press a digit you cannot hear it?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement

If during a call you press keys you hear pulse i.e click not a dtmf tone....any idea?

Run an isdn trace, see what the system is seeing you do and what is being sent to line.

Ran a trace and there is no reference in there looks remotely like a key stroke or tone detection do you know what filter settings to go for as it just looks like nonsense to me!! lol

Just so people know, I just got off the phone with Crane Tech Support and Avaya rang them yesterday asking if any of their customers had an issue with DTMF on the IP500!! So it appears Avaya are aware of this issue already, I now await Avaya's response I will post it when I get it!!

I am having an issue IP500 with 56xx phones and no DTMF. I just found out and have no remote. Oh ya it is over SIP trunk.

I have had this issue - not on version 4... Are you using LCR ? If so try disabling it. Some carriers' ISDN doesn't conform to the same standard that Avaya use! (I have known this cause a separate issue where calls to a BT number that should get message played get continuous ringtone)

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

If you are calling over an IP line, out a remote IP Office, try disabling fast start. Had that before.

There is no LCR running and no IP lines just ISDN PRI, have found one phone that does kick out DTMF but is configured identically to all the others except the name!! It's a real head scratcher this one!! you can swap handsets and it still works so it's not 74 dodgy hansets and one working, it's only one port that works DS unit 2 port 22? Probably the old explanation that "because it's Avaya" applies to this problem!! lol

Does it work in default???

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

KWing - For your info i have had some troubles with dtmf from an IP handset over SIP.

I was using an unsupported sip provider, i could send dtmf from ds and alog but not any 56 phones.

I then recfg my sip trunk to a supported sip provider and it worked fine.

There are certainly some unsupported SIP providers that for some reason wont work. I did escalate it and Avaya came back with the sip provider do not support the same rfc's as Avaya.

I proved the IPO because it worked fine until i changed the sip providers ip address etc.

PlatinumGuy,

Thank you. It is an unsupported provider. I have another tech going out today to look at it. My issue is they cant change providers on the SIP. They have at least a 1 year contract left. We just put the IPO in to replace an Asterisk system. The SIP provider was also the Askerisk provider so they really dont want to help us.

I have a problem with an IP500, DS16 and 6408 phones. After software merges, the 64XX phones cannot send dtmf anymore. a reboot does not solve it. We need to power down the DS16 unit and after that, it works again......

Arnoud

Have had the same issue on a IPO small office with 4.0.5.
A Private build solved it; 4.0.(54803)
I believe this private build was designed for sweden only.

I've been having this issue as many but discovered just recently if the call is incoming on the H.323 line you can hear DTMF on the calling side, so outside. But if you call back from IP Office to same number no DTMF is heard.

Odd very odd, hopefully the Maint Rel will solve this issue.

Out of interest what phones are you using?
Having the LCR or in your case ARS not active seems to rule out that path BUT I have seen IP Handsets strip DTMF when going through certain Cisco POE switchs. Their is an option you can turn off on the switch which resolves this. Will find out if required..

Avaya have been asking for every trace under the sun on this one they seem to think looking at the VMPro will help but you can send DTMF with or without VMPro on your system normally so don't see how that will help? This happens on all handsets Dig 54** and analogues!!

Is the client using Carrier Pre Select or any thing like that?
Can you get DTMF via overriding CPS in UK 1280.
Another that has caught me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back