Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF Issue Maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteeler

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
Hello,

Still working the vendor who did the install on this but we have a site that has a few Polycom Sound Stations 2W's (Wireless Analog Conference Phone). When they dial a conference bridge they can call the number but it doesn't recognize the passcode when they try and enter it. As far as I know it's only on analog devices. They have a VG224 build as MGCP. I see the below command on the VG224 but nothing on the VG router. The site is connected back to the CUCM cluster via a SIP Trunk. Any ideas what might be missing? Thanks

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

What is the router built as? (MGCP, H323, or SIP?)

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Sorry, I meant, what is attached to the PSTN. Same router?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

I had a similar problem. MGCP gateways configured for out-of-band DTMF and when we started to migrate to PSTN SIP trunking, they don't support out-of-band. Unless you configure the SIP trunk to use an MTP (bad idea as that can use a lot of DSP resources), you'll want to configure the MGCP gateway to use in-band DTMF. Try this command instead and restart MGCP:
mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode nte-ca

Now the analog gateway should send the DTMF in-band which the SIP trunk can pass through.

Thank you for the replies. I actually got it working yesterday and forgot to update this post. I used the same command you list led but with nte-gw at the end. Any idea what the difference is between ca and gw? Thanks

CA is when you have MGCP and a non MGCP gateway. GW is when they are both MGCP.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back