Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF from i2004p2 but not M2616 over SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayJDG

Technical User
Jul 14, 2011
US
Has anyone had this issue?
When making calls over sip trunks from a i2004p2 I am sending DTMF. But when I make the same call using an M2616, No DTMF is sent.

My FTR_data in the CDB has EEST YES,DTMF YES,EESD NO.

Any idea why this is happening?
Thanks

This happened to me a few years ago and no TDM phone calling into an MCS5100 Conf Bridge using SIP trunks could access conference session and password due to no dtmf. ALL IP sets could send dtmf. I had to install some patches into the Signaling Servers. Have your vendor update the patches.

That's what I thought. But I just wanted to check before opening a ticket.
Thanks

We updated the patches and the problem is still occurring...
IP phones work fine, Analog phones work fine.
It's just the Digital TDM phones that don't send DTMF.

Your VOIP and analogs are working because they generate the DTMF from the phone, digital phones need to pull Tone Sender.Try hitting the # after dial if that doesn't work you are not getting Amswer Supy

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

In LD 22 PRT CEQU. Find your XCT and CONF loops. For Example XCT Loop o and CONF loop 1 would be the same card. This is your Conference TDS pack. TDS provides your DTMF for TDM phones. You may have a bad 1. LD 33 and LD 34 are used for testing and maintenance for these loops.

We found the issue...
MSEC in PARM must be set to off.

MSEC OFF

Hello,

So you went to ld 17 change the param of MSEC to off.
But when you print in ld 117 msec : prt msec sys
what does that give you because we seem to have the same problem but the msec in ld 17 is set to off.
For us, it's say MSEC ON in ld 117
And MSEC OFF on ld 22

Thank's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back