Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF Breakout for VoiceMail Pro has no effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjjones1100

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2012
US
We have an IP Office 7 with VM Pro 7. I have setup the DTMF Breakouts for dial 0, 2, & 3 to all go to the same place but none of them seem to work at all. If you press 2 or 3 then you get VM features of forward and rewind. Dial 0 gets you dead air or invalid option. I setup the DTMF Breakouts on the VoiceMail page under System so the would be system wide. Any ideas?

Thank you

breakouts are used when a caller gets your voicemail greeting. They can press those digits during the greeting (and before the beep). It sounds like you are listening to a message and trying to breakout, not possible and not sure why you would want to do that.

When you receive the VM Message such as " This is Jen, please dial 0 now if this is an emergency otherwise leave me a message after tone" and you press 0 during it, you get dead air, if you press 2 or 3 then it jumps you to after the tone and states please dial 2 then 3 to rewind to the beginning. I have all 3 DTMF Breakout going to the same place, a huntgroup.

You can't use Manager to breakout of a hunt group. Only a user mailbox. If you want to set-up breakout's from a hunt group you have to do it via your vmpro. Create a mennu in vmpro with the options you want.

You are not understanding me, I am breaking out of a VM Box to a Huntgroup.

Ahhh, sorry about that. What release 7 do you have for your IPO and your vmpro? Some of the early ones were buggy.

If you are using Embedded Voicemail you need to dial *0, *2, and *3.

CJ, have you restarted the voicemail service or rebooted the voicemail machine? Not exactly a programming fix, but I think that is the next step.

Upgrade to the latest versions of 7 : ipo 7.0.36 and vm pro 7.0.32 and come back then.
And be more specific, describe exactly what you programmed, what kind of mailbox and how did you get there.
A sysmon trace ( filter! ) would be awesome.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

IPO 7.0.5, vmpro 7.0.28 was the initial R7 offering. There were many issues with it. I would definitely upgrade to the latest R7 software for both IPO/vmpro. If you are not comfortable doing that, it's worth paying someone to do it for you. Shouldn't take more than 1-2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back