Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTI/PRI Brief Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

penduko

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
PH
Hi,

I have configured 1 DTI/PRI loop (DLOP 006 24 D4), created a trunk group for it and enabled the loop. My problem is, even if there is no cable on the amphenol, the LED on the DTI card is always green. Also I'm getting DTA001 and CSA001 6 errors. I just want to ask what is causing the above scenarios and how do I solve them to make the DTI port working. When I connect the amphenol to another T1 port, they're are syncing but I can't connect to the channels to open a communication. Could it also be possible that the pbx i'm working is not equipped with the DTI package? if so how can I check it from LD 22 PRT PKG. Many thanks - Pedro Penduko

additional information, when I LD 60 STAT 6, I noted that the 'ALARM STATUS' is always 'WAITING'. thanks...

did you build a d channel, for a dti you'll need an adan dch on the card, the lights being green would look like a loop back plug. post the load 60 stat

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

YOUR DLOP SHOULD BE PRI 06 23 FRAMING ESF LCMT B8S YALM FDL CHANNEL 24 IS WHERE THE D CHANNEL IS BUILT UNDER ADAN.

correct a pri will not work d4, esf b8zs, the provider has to know you want esf, your switch provides b8zs...

157 24 ESF NO B8S FDL 00

and 24 works, 23 is normal

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi, thanks for the replies, by the way, we are just doing a DTI connection and not PRI. I am posting the LD 60 STAT below:

DTI TRK LOOP 6 - ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: D4/ AMI/DG2
SERVICE RESTORE: YES
YEL ALM PROCESS: YES
ALARM STATUS : WAITING
CH 01 - DSBL TIE CH 02 - DSBL TIE
CH 03 - DSBL TIE CH 04 - DSBL TIE
CH 05 - DSBL TIE CH 06 - DSBL TIE
CH 07 - DSBL TIE CH 08 - DSBL TIE
CH 09 - DSBL TIE CH 10 - DSBL TIE
CH 11 - DSBL TIE CH 12 - DSBL TIE
CH 13 - DSBL TIE CH 14 - DSBL TIE
CH 15 - DSBL TIE CH 16 - DSBL TIE
CH 17 - DSBL TIE CH 18 - DSBL TIE
CH 19 - DSBL TIE CH 20 - DSBL TIE
CH 21 - DSBL TIE CH 22 - DSBL TIE
CH 23 - DSBL TIE CH 24 - DSBL TIE

The green LED is on but there is no wires attached to the amphenol.

Thanks....

Here's also the result of LD 22 PRT CFN command

CEQU
MPED 8D
SUPL 000 004 008 012
016 032 036 040
XCT 001 000
CONF 029 030 031

DLOP NUM DCH FRM TRSH
TRK 006 24 D4 AMI DG2 01
009 24 D4 AMI DG2 01
MTYP 384K

thanks...

except for the fact, that a t1 should be in red alarm with the jack open, you don't have a problem. i would connect it to a t1 and see what it's waiting for. when you do a disl 6 and a enll 6 do you get a dti 030...meaning i don't see layer 1 or a dti021, meaning i do see layer one?.. what does the error table show? ld 60 lcnt 6

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi john,

I created a loopback jack and connect it to loop 6, then I LD 60 disl 6 and enll 6 AND i GOT dti073 6 dti024 6. I then LCNT 6 and got DTI006. What does it mean?

The card's LED is green but the alarm status is still waiting.

Thanks

Pedro

have to look up the code from work tomorrow, do you have a tmdi card? if so ld 96 enl tmdi 6

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Looks like it may be a bad card. Try reseating it.
DTI073 "Loop not responding"
DTI024 "No response from Hardware

If you have a TMDI card for an Option 11C you will need to enable the TMDI. The command is in LD 96. Enter ENL TMDI 6 FDL. If this is the only T-1 in the system you will need a clock controller card. Then you will need to build the Digital Data Block (DDB) in LD 73. This is more than likely the cause of the DTI errors. Try that out!!! If the card is not a TMDI make sure that you did not answer TMDI = YES when you built the DLOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back