Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTerms lose programming? NEAX 2000 IVS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguderian

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2004
US
Why would handsets all of a sudden lose their programming? After a switch soft reboot (through matworx) everything began working.

On Friday at around 4PM, I got a call saying that the VM line key, and the paging line key stopped functioning. The VM key sent you to our main VM greeting, and the paging was a busy signal. We were still able to make and receive phone calls.

Things started working after the reboot, but Id like to know how this happened, and how to prevent it in the future. Is there an event log that would show me what happened?

Thanks for the help!

The two problems are probably unrelated. The paging problem is probably due to the paging equipment not disconnecting the trunk call. check CM 3505> for the route.

On the VM key what is it programmed as?

Mextera

You suppose it was just coincidental that it happened at the same time?

The VM button is a station line key set to 3000 which is our VM pilot #.

Thanks!

Magic beans I guess. The VM button 3000 is probably programmed as a DSS key. What integration are you using?

By integration do you mean VM system? If so, its a NeaxMail AD-40.

As for the paging, do you suppose a reset of the paging system would have cured this?

Just joined the forum and had to reply to this old post. This problem was addressed (again) at a class I recently attended at NEC on the 2000 product and it has still not been corrected with even the latest rev. It's not real common but has been admitted. The button(s) just have to be reloaded to clear trouble. A reset would clear but should not be necessary. I admit that this could be irritating but then again; I have not seen it myself and others here are not reporting the issue either. I'm just passing on the info provided by the manufacturer.

New one to me.
What key numbers are the VM and page key on. There were some issues with keys 98 and 99 on the series I sets with earlier versions of the IPS and this problem WAS corrected by NEC. The fix can be downloaded from the NEC web site if you are an authorized dealer.

Don't forget to EC6. :)

I remember being down in Dallas taking the 2000 training.... the instructor kept telling us "Make sure you EC6 your changes..."

We broke for lunch after programming all morning, and while we were gone, the instructor came by and reset the CPU's on all of our systems.

Mine was the only one with the data saved. :)

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back