Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTermIP ITR-16D-2 On-Hold Music 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

imraptor

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2003
US
We have a bunch of the phones listed above and are having a terrible time finding where to change or disable the default music that comes with the phones. The programmers said that the music was located on the phone, but no one seems to know how to change or disable the music.

I can't stand listening to that terrible music any longer! Can someone assist with how to change or disable the music? Thanks in advance!

David Klusmann

The Dterm IP phones can ONLY use the "Minuet" internal on hold music or nothing. . Look at Feature Programming Manual for IPS and check music on hold feature. Command 48 changes the MOH tones for TDM - legacy sets only.

I will post back with some more info as I am trying to find out if the MOH can be disabled as well. 99% of my customers despise the "ice cream truck" music.

Thanks, any additional information that you can add on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

David

Does anyone know where I can find the volume for the moh? I see the line marked a several different punchdowns but I have been unable to find the source to change the volume. We're running NEAX Mail (if that matters).

Thanks

MOH is tricky! If the system has MOH then the IP phone will play "Minuet" if the phone is of a certain revision then a file can be uploaded to the phone. Contact your vendor for the file revision needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back