Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dterm Series E Does not Ring ??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roaming

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2005
US
I am a newbee to this phone system, so please excuse my simple question.

I have a extension that uses the Dterm Series E phone connected to a NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2 system. Whenever anyone calls the extension, the phone flashes, but I cannot get the phone to actually ring (make a sound). It just simply flashes. So, if you are not looking at the display, you would not know someone is calling.

I have tried: command 9001>ext,01:1 but did not help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Will

Have you tried pressing the Volume up key while it is ringing?
If it is enabled in the system pressing "Feature 0" ( do not lift the handset)will make the set ring, while idle, and you can adjust the volume from there.

This may sound stupid, but did you place a diffrent phone at that same location you are having issues with?

Did it ring before?

Thanks All for all the suggestion.

pressing the Volume key while the phone is ringing adjusts the contrast of the display. I did try "Feature 0" and set volume up, but still to no availe. I also tried placing with another phone, and the problem persisted.

I am open to any other suggestions. Thanks ALot.

Will

Try clearing DND, either through the soft keys or with the access code. To change the ringing volume hit feature three and then adjust the volume while the phone is ringing, while ringing you can dial three to change the ring tone and feature to set.

You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us.

Ok, I trying Clearing DND, but it is not working. His DND is Not on. So I tried "Feature+DND" But I was unable to set it on or Off. I did try "Feature+3" to adjust the volume, and I can set the ring tones, but still no ring.

Is that problem with beinbg unable to set/clear DND related. ??

Thank again

Will

Check 9003>station#,key#>?

This is delayed ringing. If set to a "0" change it to a "1

It was already set to 1, but I toggled it to "0" and back to "1" again.

But same problem. ??!!

Is there a virtual on the phone, and does it ring when called?

I used MATWorX to copy another Station into the problem extension, and now it rings.

Thank you all very much for all your suggestions and time spent helping me. You have been Invaluable.

Thanks again.

Will K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back