Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTC controls and browser non-compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

moxie506

MIS
Mar 19, 2004
US
Hello: I've been using DTC controls in InterDev 6.0 for some time now. Our apps run on IE 5.5. Our company has recently been upgrading IE version to version 6.0. As a result, our DTC controls look really really horrible - the controls themselves look different - and they have lost formatting and as well. The grid seems to be ok; however, the other controls - e.g. text boxes and buttons don't look anything like they should.

I'm positive the IE version is the only difference between the pc's....

I've been trying to trouble shoot this via microsoft, but can't seem to find anyone else who's written in w/ this problem.

Can anyone help me? I'm hoping there is a patch to make it all better.

Thanks,
Moxie506

I haven't had that problem "yet". Have you tried putting the service pack on IE 6.0? Maybe that will help, but I really don't know.

Rob
Just my $.02.

Rob: A good thought....I just checked two of the computers that are running my apps on IE 6.0. One has sp1 on it and the other has none. I'm going to check and see if there's a newer sp I can install.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know my findings.

Moxie506

You could use stylesheets to spruce them up!

Unfortunately the DTC's do not refer to a stylesheet Class name - but this is very easy to fix. Anyway, here are a couple of ideas:

* Use stylesheets to fix ALL textboxes etc. - by creating styles for <INPUT..> of various types, TD/TR, BODY, P etc. etc.

and/or

* Update the code in the _Scriptlibrary/zzz.ASP in the _display(..) method to include a named stylesheet class in the generated HTML. REMEMBER to remove any FONT or other formatting tags from the ASP code - as the sytlesheet will do this job now. Example:

from <B><INPUT TYPE=TEXT ...
to <INPUT CLASS="dtc_textbox" TYPE=TEXT ...

and add these class names to your stylesheet.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back