Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTA301 and DCH not establishing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arganine

Technical User
Apr 25, 2006
GB
Hi

New to the forum and new to Switches.

I have enabled dch 31, yet when I stat it it says AEST rather than EST, and I am getting regular DTA301 messages, are the two linkee, and can I do anything about it?

Hi Bignose

We turned the CRC4 off on the server end as we realised that was giving us CRC errors and the remote alarm.

Can I ask what it is that indicates that the DCH 31 has not connected, is it the AEST message? The reason I ask is that I was informed elsewhere that the AEST meant Auto Establish. Is this not the case?

I have tried disabling the dch channel and the loop then re-enabling the loop. The DCH comes back automatically as AEST.

The DCH is established... Otherwise the channels would not be in the IDLE state.

the DCH in in an auto establish state not Established and active. When you enable the DCH do you get a message to say it is established ?

Curious, you have 2 partial E1s. Are the other channels being used for data?
Earlier questions you had:
TN is Terminal Number. Since you have an Option 11c your terminal numbers for your E1 are:
002 01 thru 08 or easy entry as 2 1
DN is designated number or the number you assign to a set or as an access code or any other key pad functions for your sets.
AEST is for auto establish,but that is on your end in some countries it is like pulling teeth to get the CO to also set their switch to AEST.
Also check your D-Channel settings in LD 17 (LD 22 prt adan)
Look at the PROG setting in certian eastern Europe countries it works best a male setting vice nchg.

MIKE

Hi, thank you for all the help I have received so far

WWDT: I am not aware of there being anything set up specifically for data

bignose21: I completely tore down what I had set up and started again. I created a new customer also in ld 15 as I wanted to make sure that I did not use any of the settings in use by the 1st card. I now have EST on the dch, and 23 TIE's on the loop.

Now if I understand this correctly (which I probably don't) the 1st PRI card has a connection coming in from the outside which is the incoming calls, it communicates across the backplane with a digital card in slot 2 which has a cable coming of it which is Kroned into a patch panel for the handsets.

I would like to set up a number, which when dialled will go to the new pri card which is connected via cable to an aculab card. I get the feeling that I have set the customer up wrong LD 15, because when I created the RDB it through a error at the TIDY command saying that I had to set the LSC in LD 15.

I have assigned a DN to the new customer I created, but I cannot enable it, the ENLU command does not appear to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back