Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DT412 and reg.failed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ursusK

Programmer
May 16, 2004
Dear fellow technicians,

I have the following frustrating problem.

We had a damaged dt412, before we sent it back to our supplier we unregistered it. And deleted the phone with the extension manager. After a few weeks we got a brand new dt412 but with the same sim-card as the old one.

So what i thought wat was just a routine, became a difficult task. Because it kept on 'saying' reg.failed.

This is what i tried to solve the problem:

* delete it from the extension manager and init it as a new extension
* switch the simcard to another working dt412, although the other d412 was working just fine, with the simcard it refused to work. So this proved that there was nothing wrong with the device itself.
* check if the device was not registered to another system

Could you please give me some suggestions what i can check/do to solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Bjorn

I´m not sure, but:

With a completely new delivered device IPEI and IPDI is the same. If device is new, but simcard is old, then IPEI and IPDI are different. So in MD must be programmed the IPDI. Did you?

Without reprogramming in the 2. device it could not work - in my opinion. Other statements?

Many thanks lalrl !! Yes this was the problem IPDI was different from IPEI. WHen i filled in the IPDI number all just worked fine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back