Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DST wrong via Unified Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkView

Technical User
May 26, 2005
US
I am running CallPilot 201i on Windows NT4.0. I know, I have been working on getting this upgraded via my vendor for a year now. DST on my switch (Succession 1000 v3)is working fine. DST from CallPilot is working fine for voicemail time stamp on the phones. We manually changed the time on the server. However, the voicemail time stamp is off by an hour (fast) in Microsoft Outlook when looking at Unified Messaging. I have checked and unchecked the use DST box on the NT4.0 server and am getting the same results either way. I rebooted both times. We have also verified that our Exchange server is handling DST correctly. The only DST problem we have found anywhere this morning is with the Unified Messaging client. As always any thoughts/ideas are appreciated.

its a patch for call pilot

It's only dialtone-VZ

Not just the microsoft hotfix, but desktop messaging fix is part of this PEP

1. PEP Number: CP404S02G55S 2. Problem Description: ======================= Microsoft hot fixes KB928388 and KB929120 have introduced changes in the system time zone table. CallPilot should be modified to address the changes.

DST Extension PEPs for World Time Zone Changes will be available for application
to CallPilot 3.0 SU02 servers by February 22 and to CallPilot 4.0 SU02* servers by
February 12, 2007. Extended DST PEPs will not be available for CallPilot 2.5 and
earlier systems. CallPilot 2.5 and earlier systems should upgrade to 4.0 and apply
the DST extension PEP. The CallPilot DST PEP also includes a Microsoft Windows
2003 hot fix, KB928388, that is automatically installed as part of the CallPilot PEP
installation, so everything needed is in the CallPilot PEP.
* This is an update to a previous bulletin.

CallPilot 2.5 and Earlier
-------------------------------
CallPilot 2.5 and earlier systems are based on Windows NT 4.0 which will not be updated by
Microsoft nor Nortel. The impact on CallPilot 2.5 and earlier systems is limited to Desktop,
NMS and Networking features. Timestamps will be off for the days where DST has been
extended (11-March through 01-April and 28-October through 04-November).
- Suggested action - upgrade to 4.0 SU02 or later and apply DST PEP.
- Workaround - If system is used to provide voice messaging services to local users in the
same time zone, then the system can continue to function with correct time stamps, provided
the assocated CS1000 switch has had DST updates applied to it.
If customer is using Desktop Messaging, NMS with sites in other time zones or networking
with sites in other time zones, there is no work-around to prevent timestamps from being off
with these features.
Do Not Adjust Control Panel
--------------------------------------
Do not manually alter the CallPilot server's Windows Control Panel time settings. If these
settings have been altered they must be placed back to default for time zone handling to work
properly. The Control Panel setting for "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes"
should be enabled. Run the Configuration Wizard to ensure the time zone of Windows server
is the same as that set within CallPilot Manager.

Based on the info in this thread, we were able to get our CP on NT working with a few other steps.

1) Run Microsoft's TZEDIT to update the start and end times of DST. Once that is done, change the time zone in Control Panel to another time zone, apply, and then move it back to the correct time zone. Windows time may look OK, but if this step isn't done, it's not completely happy.

2) Run the Configuration Wizard and make sure the timezone is the same as windows.

3) Make sure the client PC's are correct with TZEDIT. Just becuase it looks like the timezone is correct in Control Panel, the actual start / end times of DST may not be correct.

And thanks to everyone else in this thread for their advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back