Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DST options for Windows 2000 server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garymass

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2001
US
we have 2 windows 2003 servers and 2 windows 2000 servers on our network. running active directory 2003 of course.

our exchange 2003 runs on one of the 2003 servers.

those two 2003 servers can be patched with stuff available for free from microsoft, but what about the two 2000 servers?

what are the options? do we have to pay $4000 from microsoft for patches?

You don't need to pay MS for the patch. Since you ONLY have 2 Win2K servers, the easiest thing to do is to use the TZEDIT utility (included in the MS resource kit)and modify your timezone manually (I did this on about 40 Win2K servers). Although there is a registry hack you can apply (MS describes it in a technote), I found this to be the least destructive method. Hope this helps.

Where can I find the registry hack? I need to find a way to do it on 150+ Win2k workstations.

Search is your friend here, but now you're up against the wall so I'll point out a few helpful links:

(this is the one with step-by-step instructions on exactly what you need to do, if you follow these instructions you'll be just fine, it's what I'm utilizing for my domains).

Better hurry...you have a week to get it all done.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back