Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSSU after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumj1

MIS
Apr 3, 2007
US

Since my upgrade from 5.0 mp7 to 6.5 my DSSU's will not purge out old copies that have already been duplicated to tape. It seems as though the backups since the upgrade are duplicating and purging out fine.

I know I can just expire the images on disk and delete them, but I have multiple DSSU's and would rather let this be taken care of automatically. Just curious if anyone has seen this.

Thanks!

The images are kept on the DSSU until space is needed. If a restore request is made then the image on the DSSU which is the primary copy will be used to honor the request. this allows for faster restores.

When more room is needed for new backups, the images on the DSSU that have been copied to tape will be expired and deleted. The copy on the tape then becomes the primary copy and will be used for restores.

Bob Stump
VERITAS - "Ain't it the truth?"

Just got off the phone with support and this is actually a bug in the upgrade from 5.0 to 6.5.1.

The exact scenario I am seeing is the DSSU is filling up (when a backup is running) and purging the newest backups since the upgrade, but not the backups in the disk stage that occurred before the upgrade.

It is being submitted as a bug fix, it is similar to this bug fix that was supposed to be corrected in the 6.5.1 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back