Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSS ON MERLIN MAGIX TROUBLE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwood

Vendor
Jul 15, 2003
CA
We are having trouble getting a DSS 4450 working off of a 7424LD telephone at a customer site.The extension number 500 is set up as an operator on the 1st port.I have programmed the 3 pages for exts 100,200 and 500 and also have put ext.500 in ext status.Am I missing something?When we hook up the DSS it causes the phone to cut out and the display flashes off and on.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Highwood

You may want to go to AVAYA.com and click support go to LEGEND there should be a manual there for the unit that goes into detail on programing, OR look at the manual for your revision. There should be a section on the DSS

We only have the one power supply that works the phone.Should there be another one for the dss?

opps sorry did not see it was magix thought it was legend

The one power supply should be fine for both units put together, the DSS should draw power from the phone. I had this problem and it turned out to be the console was bad. I would try to hook this up in your company lab if possible.

check your line cord to the wall ,should be 1 pair cord that came with your phone, from the power unit shold be a 2 pair line cord that came with the dss & pwr.unit to the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back