Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSS Adjunct on MLX-20 Not Working after it Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamintdog

MIS
Nov 21, 2002
US
Hey all,
The receptionist desk moved and I needed to move the MLX-20L with DSS adjunct with it. I simply pulled the 2 pair cross connect wires from wall port A and re-punched them down to wall port B in the same positions. Now, at the new location the MLX-20 works fine by itself, however the moment I plug the DSS adjunct into it, button tones begin to stick and the speaker button becomes intermittent - not to mention the adjunct doesn't power up or show any signs of life. Is there something special I need to do to move the MLX-20's? I've been able to move MLX-10D's all over the building like this with no problems. Help!

Thanks.

Moving a DSS is a little different. It uses a third pair to the MLX-20 for power to the DSS. Punch down all 4 pairs to the new jack, feed it from the original port, and it will work fine.

Pepperz at newper dot net

Yep. Thanks Pepperz. I figured it out by trial and error - should've followed up with my first post. I appreciate your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back