Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dss 4450 ith ip office

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneuser

Vendor
Jan 14, 2004
US
We have insalled a DSS 4450 ....the customer is going from a Legend world to an Ip office .....

is there any way to have the function like the "Legend"
with page 1 - 2 -3

so that more then 50 users can be seen or do we have to add another DSS4450

We have already programmed the 50 "USERS" and works fine
but they have about a 100 "USERS"

Phoneuser:)

No page buttons on IP Office DSS like the Legend/Magix has. You would need to add a second DSS.

On the plus side, you can program any phone on any button (including the bottom two rows), regardless of extension number. So if they would be satisfied with seeing the most important 60 or so users...

Peter

Hmm, from all the documentation I have the answer is no.

I could be wrong as I have never personaly come across these handsets, the Lucent Magix phone system was not sold in the UK but you have only the one DSS port on the 4400 series handsets so would be unable to plug in another DSS.

One potential way around this would be to use a DT port and plug in a 20 series DSS20 but yet again I'm not sure you could then associate it with a Magix handset.

With the 20 Series handsets you can associate multiple DSS units to the one main handset but I guess that's not really helpful...

Woah, just been put right my a colleague, they did sell them in the UK, just not popular!

With the 44xx phones you can plug in multiple DSS's. They are wired in series. DSS port on handset to first DSS In jack, first DSS Out jack to second DSS In jack.

Peter

Thanks for all the posts .....my guess was the first that its not possible and we just add another DSS4450 ....but hey 60 buttons on one and fill in the rest on the second DSS will have to do .....I thought that maybe in all the button choices there may have been like a "page" function

I have done more then one dss in series before ....

again Thank You for the posts

Phoneuser:)

No single button function which when pressed allows you to select "Call" or "Page".

So you would have to use a second button set to "Dial Page".

You could alternatively use "Dial Direct" which works like an intercom function (calls the extension and forces automatic answer if supported by the phone type (which would be yes for most Avaya branded phones)).

The "page" he is referring to is "Page 1 of DSS keys", "Page 2 of DSS Keys", "Page 3 of DSS Keys" not page like a Tannoy system (see, I am learning my british!!).

It is a feature of the magix system (native host of the 44xx phones) that allowed you to display 150 DSS keys with a single 50 button DSS - you could view/select 50 of them at a time (referred to as a page).

Peter

Beings that I am a computer freak, I would probably recommend to my customer that that exchange 4450 DSS for PhoneManager Pro License and she can monitor everyone on the swithch plus have access to all features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back