Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSS 4450 Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTU789

Programmer
Jan 22, 2008
US
I recently replaced the processor on a legend. It is a 6.1 processor. The receptionist states that when she receives an inbound call for any extension and she voice announces the call and transfers using the DSS button for that extension, the call rings like an outside call. Before the processor replacement, she says it never used to ring. That when she transferred using the DSS buttons it beep once and the caller would be transferred. When she presses the DSS button for any extension when there are no calls it just beeps and you're able to have a conversation.
So, my question is, is what she is claiming true? If so, how do I make it work the way it used to for them?
My coworker told me this after I left the site, "Make the recept phone auto select the Sa-Voice instead of ring or change them all to SA-voice."
So I have not tried that yet or even know how to make the phone auto select a button.
Thanks,
Brian

SA Voice will intercom and beep, SA ring will ring the phone. She may be grabbing an SA Ring when transferring the call and thus ringing the phone.

Thanks Telecomboy for your response. So, if I added a new processor and restored a backup would that have defaulted the buttons to ring, voice, ring? I guess I'll try making them all SA Voice then.
Brian

Thanks Merlinman. I'll try your suggestion later and update the post.

The reception phone has on the left side from bottom to top: SysAcc Voice-I, SysAcc Voice-I, SysAcc Ring-I, SysAcc Voice-I, SysAcc Voice-I. When The receptionist transfers the call using the dss 4450 it automatically picks up the SysAcc Ring-I button. I tried Deleting it and adding a Voice button but the option does not show up.
Brian

Try Merlinman's auto line select suggestion. Auto line select the SA V buttons first, then the SA Ring last.

When you press Transfer it should grab the line using the transfer prior to pressing the dss button. You could always press transfer + press an sa v button + press dss button.

So, I changed the Ring button to Voice. When I call in and the receptionist uses the dss to voice announce it still rings at the ext instead of just beeping. When not on an active call the dss works fine. I also tried the auto line select idea as well.

If you don't use the DSS, and just type in the extension, does it ring or intercom?

Telecomboy, I just tried that and it rings. Before I replaced the processor, they said when a call comes in, they would voice announce using the dss and then either allow the call through or send it to voicemail. So, they are unable to voice announce at this point. All I did was restore a backup file when I replaced the processor. So, does some of the programming get lost somehow?

It shouldn't. How about this: Answer the live call, press transfer (make sure it grabbed an SA V for the transfer), dial the extension to transfer to and Do NOT hangup/press transfer again. The caller is still on hold, are you connected through the speaker in this scenario or does it still ring the phone?

Ok when I do that it rings the extension. I tried it with HFAI on and off.

And the phone you are transferring to is idle, correct? They are not on a call?

Interesting. I don't have a test unit to test it out or I would. Was it an even R6.1 for R6.1 swap or did the release change?

Yes it was an R6.1 even swap. This new processor says V11.0 as well. Not sure what the old one was. Would that matter too?

That shouldn't matter. Try going to the receiving phone you are using for testing, going off-hook and pressing *10. You should get a confirmation tone and then hang-up (*10 is voice receive on). Try it again and see if maybe something happened to de-activate voice receive.

Ok I tried that with no luck. What's weird is each time I tried the *10 winspm crashed on me and it said it encountered a fatal error and it closed winspm.
Here is a printout of the reception ext info. Let me know if anything is out of the ordinary. Thanks.
EXTENSION INFORMATION

A Extn SS/PP Type
A 700 1/ 1 MLX-20L + 1 DSS

A CTI Link : No Alarms: ACTIVE
A Pool Access :
A Page Group :
A Primary Coverage :
A Secondary Coverage :
A Coverage Group : 30
A Group Coverers : 770
A NS Groups : 700
A Group Calling Member:
A Pickup Groups :
A Allowed Lists :
A Disallowed Lists :
A Restrictions : UNRESTRICTED
A ESS Sup. Status : NOT ACTIVE
A ESS Restrictions : ESS-0 - NO RESTRICTION
A Auto Callback : OFF
A Call Waiting : OFF
A Abbreviated Ring : OFF
A Line Preference : ON
A Shared SA Ring : ON
A Receive Voice Calls : ON
A Coverage Inside : ON
A Forwarding to :
A Delay Forwarding : 0
A ARS Restriction : 3
A Forced Account Code : No
A Microphone Disable : No
A Remote Forward Allow: No
A Trunk Transfer Allow: No
A NS Exclusion : No
A Voice Announce Pair : No
A Voice/Data Pair : No
A BIS/HFAI : No
A Language : English
A Authorization Code :
A 2B Data Port : No
A Primary Ring Delay : 6
A Secondary Ring Delay: 2
A Group Cover Delay : 6
A HotLine Extension : No
A Display Preference : NUMBER
A Service Observer:
A Service Observing Group:
A EXTENSION INFORMATION

A Extn SS/PP Type
A 700 1/ 1 MLX-20L + 1 DSS

A Button 34 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 33 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 32 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 31 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 30 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 29 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 28 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 27 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 26 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 25 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 24 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 23 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 22 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 21 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 20 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 19 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 18 *56 Direct VoiceMail Status Off
A Button 17 *22 Group Call 770 Status None
A Button 16 *39 Night Service Status Off
A Button 15 Line 222 -I Status None
A Button 14 Line 221 -I Status None
A Button 13 Line 219 -N Status None
A Button 12 *21 Blank Status None
A Button 11 Line 298 -N Status None
A Button 10 Line 295 -I Status None
A Button 9 Line 294 -I Status None
A Button 8 Line 293 -I Status None
A Button 7 Line 292 -I Status None
A Button 6 Line 291 -I Status None
A Button 5 *16 SysAcc Voice -I Status None
A Shared System Access:
A
A Button 4 *16 SysAcc Voice -I Status None
A Shared System Access:
A
A Button 3 *16 SysAcc Voice -I Status None
A Shared System Access:
A
A Button 2 *16 SysAcc Voice -I Status None
A Shared System Access:
A
A Button 1 *16 SysAcc Voice -I Status None
A Shared System Access:

When I enter *10, winspm says "Terminated-Remote Login". Then winspm closes. But, I printed out the receiving ext and he has voice announce on. He has alot of speed dials so i don't want to post that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back