Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSP ports not answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhenley

Technical User
Jun 10, 2005
US
CallPilot 5.0 1002 rp up to date.
Only the first 4 DSP ports (40 total) will answer. 5th active channel gets no answer. Reboot does fix the problem. Once one of the 4 is avaiable a new call will be answered.

Failed to answer the call. rc=57205, TAPI or CTMS rc=-2147483576, # attempt 6

Is their something getting locked up in software?

JHenley

check the programming also, on the MGate card (TNS) and the port in Config Wiz, all have to match and jive.... had an issue where TYPO was on one of the ports...

sometimes its a matter of FLASHING the DSPs again. to re-flash them just run config wiz in standard mode without making changes to the screens, and at the language screen you can either re-install em or just skip them ( it will flash dsp either way) and reboot after is complete.....

or you could have a bad dsp......

come to think of it.... dsp would have no voice,

rna is more likely to do with a TYPO or mismatch in programming on the pbx and callpilot. or an MGATE card issue.

maybe there is some confusion Mutimendia DSP11 ports go active when channels go active. thet may not have voice but if they don't go active the call does not get answered. They have been working for about 8 years so programming mismatch not the issue. As stated, after reboot everything starts back to working. It may be the DSP's flaking out. I am looking into a server upgrade.

JHenley

if everything in the config wizard is correct, and you don't change anything, just run a dummy config wizard. It will erase and reprogram the DSP ports. This will sometimes get the system back online.

If you are getting ringing you probably have a typo as stated.

1) disable all working four ports
2) make a test call and see 5th port go busy (to cjeck if call is comming to Call Pilot
3) Note down PBX configuration - TN, Key 0 and Key 1
4) Check the same configuration in CallPilot manager via Config Wizard. It looks like Key 1 is not configured correctly on CallPilot for DSP Tns
5) If there is any Typo correct it and run the configuration and reboot server.
6) If problem still persists, change MGAT card in PBX

7) Also check if your MGAT to CallPilto server cable is properly connected.
8) Also check if MGAT card is properly in the card SLOT. I had this propblem at one site where half of MGAT were not responding because card was not properly in the Slot.

Hope it helps....

Did you ever get this resolved. I am having a similar issue with ports setup as IVR. Was working fine for 6 months then after a reboot getting the same "Failed to answer the call. rc=57205, TAPI or CTMS rc=-2147483576, # attempt 6".

Patched to latest and reinstalled language prompts.

Somewhere in documentation I found where it indicated that using Remote desktop to the CallPilot server would cause this problem so I quit accessing the server remotely and did not have this problem happen anymore. We upgraded to the 1006r within a month or two so I am not certain that this was the cause but if you are utilizing Remote Desktop give it a try. I did not initially have this issue with CallPilot it seemed to be related to, I think SU08.

JHenley

Thanks for the reply.
1. We use VNC to access this server, (wondering if disabling RDP?)
2. Problem started on SU07
3. Patched to SU09 problem continues

Avaya CallPilot engineer wants us to reallocate DSP resources. Doing that Sunday morning so I'll see.

Again thanks for the response

carldest,

Use of VNC to access CallPilot is not supported by Avaya.
Use of VNC to access CallPilot will trash it faster than a speeding bullet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back