Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSP Denied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyan656

Vendor
Mar 6, 2009
US
We are getting 40-50% DSP denied several times a day on our MP20 Gateway. I reached out to Avaya and this is what I got; From Avaya: "These DSP resource denials don’t mean that calls are failing, when they are denied resources they will get resources in a connected network region. Unless there have been reports of calls dropping or audio issues, [highlight #FCE94F]then I think it’s safe to assume[/highlight] that the calls are successfully obtaining resources from the other MGs or AMS when MG3 denies them."

I the above statement true[highlight #FCE94F][/highlight]? In all my testing with DSP failing I never experience a good call while showing denied.

Hardware platform? CM software version? MG type? FW version? DSP resources in the MG? Other DSP resources in same NR as the gateway showing denied resources?

post errors showing denied DSP

post measurements output

Command: list measurements ip dsp-resource gw summary today
Command: list measurements ip dsp-resource gw summary yesterday
Command: list measurements ip dsp-resource gw hourly

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

CM software version? 6.3 MG type? 430 FW version? 36.25 DSP resources in the MG? 25 Other DSP resources in same NR as the gateway showing denied resources? Two other GW with 360 DSP's, 3 port networks with Medpros, 1 media server. The call is coming in via SIP trunking. I have seen in the past SIP trunking randomly goes out to other gateways in other physical NR groups for DSP resources, is there a way to stop it from doing this?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c0f9fddf-dfd2-4d74-ab71-0290bbfed556&file=Capture.PNG
You could add an mp80 to the gateway. Do you know what caused traffic spike during the one hour you had denials?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Ammend your NR routing and use ghost regions would be an option.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Thanks AvayaTier3 and Montyzummer!

@Montyzummer can you provide more detail? I understand NR regions to some point. The NR is all already having 2 intervening regions prior (SBC/SM Region 1> then to Region 999 > Then to GW Region 15. What is a ghost region? Also this Gateway only has a 1 POTS line for 911 an that's all.

I would recommend that you check you NR and make sure that small DSP resource location is not directly connected to the other location, it should only be connected to the intervening region.
I have seen it where region that are directly connect (i.e. not going through an intervening region) that a heavy used location will pull all of the DSP from the other directly connected sites.

Ghost region = intervening region ....if you already have that set up ...ensure the above comment from DAVIDPAYNE is followed.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

DSP resource utilization, out of region pegs, and denials have numerous dependencies. The Avaya Enhanced Media Selection Algorithm will load balance DSP resources based on logical separation.

Normally the SBC should be in a network region behind the region where the DSP resources are brought in. The IP-Network-Map as well as the signal group settings (far end NR) impact how DSPs are utilized. Call recording, digital sets, announcements, etc will influence where resources are grabbed from. A G430 with 20/25 DSPs can easily be overwhelmed when digital trunks or stations on the gateway are used since the physical capacity to program these items is not limited by DSPs. A T-1 coming in and being routed to another site would use 23/24/30 DSPs and double that number if call recording is used. SIP Calls being rerouted outbound without Network Call Redirect will anchor to DSP resources.

Changing the network region topology may fix your issue if the problem is truly a resource distribution problem. Adding additional DSP resources may be required to provide sufficient resources for the gateway traffic load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back