Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSO Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmelchik

Vendor
Aug 22, 2003
US
Here's the website which talks about the security hole in IE that allows spyware to get through:

I regularly run Spybot on my cpu and every time I run it, it gives me the spyware result as DSO Exploit.

Is there a way to get rid of it? Will I minimize my chances of getting it if I use Mozilla but still use MS Outlook (or should I switch to Eudora)?

Thanks.

D

It is generally consider a false report by Spybot: "Spybot S&D will still find it, because it contains an invalid value. Spybot S&D just has to reset that value. Unfortunately, in the current version, it sets again an incorrect value, so it is found in the next scan."

Quoting BFOJ's link above, but the issue has been discussed in security forums many times.

I'm running Spybot 1.3.

bcastner - how come you're saying that it's a false report by Spybot, while M8KWR and BFOJ gave me a download to get rid of it?

What is the best spyware/adaware program detector out there? I've tried Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Doctor, Webroot Blaster, Bazooka and all of them miss something (I do regularly update).

Does anyone recommend to use Mozilla Forefox instead of IE and Eudora instead of Outlook?

Thanks to you all. Sorry for so many questions.

I too have read that Spybot gives a false report, just can't remember where I read it at. I agree with bcastner on that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back