Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSN Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate17

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
KW
Hi,

I have an application that sits on our server and generates pdf reports from various crystal reports from a SQL server. This worked fine on the machine I created the program on, but when I installed it onto the server (which has the SQL Server on it that the data comes from), when I try to generate a report, it says "Server has not yet been opened".

I found that the reason is to do with the DNS ODBC link - if I change this to NT security, it works fine, but I need it using SQL security which is what causes the problem.

Can anyone tell me how I can sort the security out for this?

Thanks Kate
[reading]

Are you logging it in to the sa account? As some other user? If so, is this user being given access to the database?

I am logged in on the system with an NT account which has full permission to the database. The System DSN is set to use the sa account, which naturally has full permission to the database. When I change the System DSN to NT authentication, the program works fine. Kate
[reading]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back