Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dsn connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesimpsonator

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2007
GB
Hi guys, not sure if i'm in the right forum or not for this but sure someone will sort that out if I aint!! :D

have a website that i've started hosting with a new hosting company. we've now added a database to the site which we never had before.

using DW8 to try to connect to the database but keep getting the following error and as such can't create any recordsets etc.. so kind of at a dead end!

Code:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '*userid*'

i've contacted the hosts and reached a dead end with them as well, they're adamant there's a coding issue in my connection which is as follows, however I thought from the error message its suggesting that its a server side error as i'm managing to see the dsn connection that I have with the hosting company

Code:
<%
' FileName="Connection_odbc_conn_dsn.htm"
' Type="ADO" 
' DesigntimeType="ADO"
' HTTP="true"
' Catalog=""
' Schema=""
Dim MM_pitairliegarage_STRING
MM_pitairliegarage_STRING = "dsn=*mydsn*;uid=*uid*;pwd=*pwd*;"
%>

i've swapped out the user id etc for purposes of posting here

any help on this, or ideas as to what it is i might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Chris.

At a guess (since you don't specify) this looks like ASP. Suggest you repost this, along with the rest of the connection code in forum333. Have you first independently checked that the DSN actually works on the server?

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

thanks for that, i've got the connection pretty much sorted now although i've got a permissions? issue!!

i'll start a post about it elsewhere.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back