Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSM 32 on bus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimex1

Technical User
May 21, 2004
NL
I want to use a DSM 32 on bus 7, because I have only DSM 32 modules

I know that a DSM 32 uses 2 DS30 channels (bus types), but I want to know if this would make it possible to still use half of the DN's

Anybody tried this or would it be possible ?

If your setup as a 3/5 split than the answer is no, if your a 2/6 then the answer is yes.

You can only use bus 7 for DSM32+ modules on post 3.0 SW.
2/6 split is required and the BCM must be in full double density mode.

I am using the 2/6 split but I'm running BCM 2.5 software on BCM 2.0 hardware. The DSM32+ module can only be used for BCM 3.0 and higher.

Has anybody tried to use the DSM32 on bus 7 ?

If you are using BCM 2.5 software the DSM32 cannot go on bus 7 it will try to occupy bus 8 as well and bus 8 is reserved for the DDM.
DSM32+ is backwards compatible to 2.5 through the correct usage of the dip switches.
You will have to put a DSM 16 on this BCM.
Configuring a BCM for full double density mode disables Companion support completely.
I assume you have no way to intall the DSM32 on bus 6?
Bus 6 is supported for your application.

No, I can't use bus 6, that is occupied with a DTM for E1. And having already bus2/3/4/5 filled for DSM32 modules.

Furthermore I don't have the budget for an extra DSM16, I have 2 DSM32's available from another BCM system.

So if I do choose to install DSM32 on bus 7, that will shutdown DDM completely having no more companion support ?
And what are the conseqeuences of that...since I don't use any companion related phones and will not be using them in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back