Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSLPipe - POST Halted: CONFIGURE UNIT! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2002
US
Hi,
I got a DSLPipe router from a client who does not know any of the passwords, telnet, admin, and SNMP. I performed Nindy boot, did df l.s15 from ftp.ascend.com. After powering the router with P12 open I'm getting the empty status screen with the following message in the upper left window, "Pipeline Power-On Self Test Halted: CONFIGURE UNIT!"
Can anything be done at that point?
Thank you,
Vladimir Mikhelson

Sounds like you will need to re-serialize your DSLPipe. For that you will need to obtain a hashcode from Lucent Technical Support. However if you have model DSL-HS-2.3MBS then you're out of luck, you will need to RMA the router with Lucent. Contact Lucent or try their support website at

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. In fact it is DSL-HS-2.3MBS. For some reason Lucent Techsupport does not think that there is any definitive information that it cannot be done. We will see what will happen.
Thank you,
Vladimir Mikhelson

Depending on the exact model, you will need the hashcode to reserialize the unit. For that you will need to contact Lucent Technical Support.

Hi,
And it worked. Lucent Techsupport e-mailed me the hashcode along with installation instructions. Worked like a charm.
Vladimir Mikhelson

õ×ÁÖÁÅÍÙÊ ÷ÌÁÄÉÍÉÒ Õ ÍÅÎÑ ÔÁÖÅ ÐÒÏÂÌÅÍÁ Ó ìÀÃÅÎÄÏÍ, ÎÅ ÐÏÄÓËÁÖÉÔÅ. ËÁËÏÅ ÐÉÓØÍÏ ×Ù ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌÉ × ÓÌÕÖÂÕ ÐÏÄÄÅÒÖËÉ, ÅÓÌÉ ×ÁÓ ËÏÎÅÓÞÎÏ ÜÔÏ ÎÅ ÚÁÔÒÕÄÎÉÔ ÉÌÉ ×ÙÛÌÉÔÅ ÍÎÅ ÔÏ ÞÔÏ ×ÁÍ ÐÒÉÛÌÏ ÉÚ ÓÌÕÖÂÙ ÐÏÄÄÅÒÖËÉ.

úÁÒÁÎÅÅ ÂÌÁÇÏÄÁÒÀ.

Vladimir at me problem with Lucent DSLPipe, do not suggest. What letter you have written in a support service, if you certainly it will not hamper or send me that that to you has come from a support service.

Beforehand I thank.

Hey I get the same Message on my router, I went through Techsupport and got Hash codes and they worked... Would those Hash codes work on another DSL-HS-2.3 if they had the very same options?

Hello, I also have an DSL-HS-2.3MBS and I also got a Hash code from Lucent, but I don't know what to do with it. XfEnE can you help me?

To connect the modem to the computer (COM ports), to incorporate Hypper Terminal, to include it and to wait when it will tell:
" Power on Test Self, Halted, Configure Unit! "
... or other Error.

Also do the following operations:

1) During 1 second, To press on the keyboard " ESC [ESC = ", to appear ">"
2) "fsave" to write down the current configuration
3) To enter the next line: &quot; revision 0 1 10 <s/n> <hash> &quot;
4) &quot;frestore&quot; to count a configuration
5) Restart your modem

If that that will fail, the request, describe all more in detail, may then I can help you.

Thats exactly what I want, but I still don't get the &quot;>&quot; prompt.
I started the DSLPipe and get this:
Pipeline
Power-On Self Test
Halted:
CONFIGURE UNIT!

I pressed on the keyboard &quot; ESC [ESC = &quot;, &quot;ESC[ESC=&quot; but just nothing happend. With ESC you mean the Key &quot;ESC&quot;?

ESC I mean button &quot; Esc &quot;
You should press on the keyboard during 1 second a combination &quot;Esc&quot; &quot;[&quot; &quot;Esc&quot; &quot;&quot;
Or copy in the buffer of an exchange this line &quot;[=&quot; and insert it in your terminal.

Ok,thanks for this. I now get the &quot;>&quot; prompt, but I have another problem now. When I type &quot;revision 0 1 10 12345678 A=D<HFBN\D8B=;&quot;
I get &quot;revision command: invalid arg 4!&quot;
What can I do?

&quot;revision 0 1 10 <serial number your modem> <hash code>&quot;

That's what I have done. The Line I got from Lucent is:
&quot;revision 0 0 0 11635627 U=T<QZYV\H8T=;&quot;, but this and &quot;revision 0 1 10 11635627 U=T<QZYV\H8T=;&quot; didn't work! I always get &quot;revision command: invalid arg 4!&quot; Is this hashcode wrong?

Yes, your Hash code is Wrong !

Entering This: revision 0 1 10 9261303 IdHeMsE~@AT}Qb

Ok thanks again, but I ask my self why I got a wrong hashcode from lucent?

Can somebody send me this hash code for the POST Halted Configure Unit? I work for a local Telco and we are spending up to 100k a year sending these DSL units to an electronics repair company. It would be much appreciated.
We need this in hopes to save some of our jobs.
Thanks.

teiten@grics.net

Thanks Leouz2000

I tried this, and it working now.

Many thanks,

Sameh Naggary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back