Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSLAM connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wosama

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2005
EG
Hello ,

I need to Install a DSLAM in the CO to provide ADSL connections .

I have a large ISP devices collocated beside mine , so for minimizing the
cost I will buy bandwidth from him by connecting my DSLAM to one SDSL Port of his DSLAM over a copper line, and Install SDSL router in my rack
to interface the SDSL connection and get the Ethernet into my DSLAM.

I need to know if this is making sense , or just a blah blah , below an image describing the idea.
Thanks in advance and expect a lot of questions from me .

network.jpg

your drwaing makes sense indeed. I'm trying, however, to imagine if your customers are so far away from you that you have to use local loops (2w-copper) to them. that means each cust needs a x-dsl modem next to his pc or routing device to connect to you. are "customers" network or just one-pc clients?

Thanks DrSic for the reply , the users will have Adsl modems
installed in thier locations.

but should I try out this idea or what do you think ?

Thanks in advance for the help

If you or your boss are up to it, no probs this design will work. the only thing that botters me is that I'm used to have remote sites(1 rem site = min 10-150 users)connected to the dslam with borderrouter functionalities or with a dedicated router behind it (towards firewall and public net). I use SHDSL 1421 modem(with routerfunc or in bridgemode) from telindus and i have very good results with it.
greetz...

Thanks a lot DrSic for the attention,The case that we are building a very small ISP in 2 or 3 very small locations
that takes no more than 24 lines/location.

I am actually good at routing and switching more than Dslams
and So but I am trying to improve :)

So I will appretiate anyhelp you can offer to me , So if you
please can tell me more details about the scenario you use it will be a great help for me.

Thaaaaaaaanks again , hope to know you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back