Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSL problems with ISA server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mairving

MIS
Jul 7, 2002
US
Okay I have setup a Windows 2000 AD runnning ISA server. It works fine for a couple of hours then the only way to fix it (get the proxy service running) is to reboot the server. The setup is like this:
Netopia DSL Modem/Router - 192.168.1.254
W2K Server External Port - 192.168.1.x
W2K Server Internal Port - 192.168.2.x

The only thing that I am getting in the logs is a unauthorized DHCP Server (the DSL Router) error. I have set the W2K server to have a fixed IP address. Could the problem be that the Netopia router is sending out a NAC to renew and the W2K server is then refusing connections from that IP address. So would turning off DHCP, if possible be the solution. I don't want to authorize it nor am I quite sure that I can.

Any ideas?

Disable the DHCP on the dsl router. We had the same problems in our office.

Thanks for the help. The problem was fixed but I am not totally sure what fixed it. I disabled DHCP and applied SP1 and that seemed to fix it. Then last Saturday, I applied a patch to the server and it corrupted mspadmin.exe so I was forced to re-install ISA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back