Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSL ON MICROS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjgarza70

Technical User
Sep 3, 2008
US
My terminals went offline when I connected Internet DSL, (so I could get credit card auth faster) I know it has to do with the NEtwork Node. but i dont know how to configure it. I have connect to modem ethrnet card to the switch and then a cable back to the pc. I have internet on the server. but the terminals are offline.

the current conf node reads: Ip address: 192.168.1.10
Sudmask 255.255.255.255

Are you an end-user? If Yes call your local Micros dealer. Changing from dial up to DSL isn't generally something an end-user could accomplish themselves with any of today's POS systems. Micros may need to change the credit card info on the file server and that's an area usually restricted from end-users. Good Luck and would you be kind enough to let us know how much they charged you for this service.

Called micros support, they spent 12 minutes in the server, all he did is change the gateway and dsn path on network settings.

55 travel charge
150 per hour

$221.92

wow

Thanks for getting back to us. I am curious why the necessary change was not performed remotely. Did you or Micros recommend a dial-in, internet approach? It would appear you have a working internet connection. PCA, Logmein etc. Is the local Micros office an independent dealer or a Micros Corp office? What part of the country are you located in? If your internet connection fails will the POS automatically revert back to dial-up? Hopefully that was discussed and you have a back up plan because it will happen sooner or later. Anxious to hear response.

Shouldn't those have been tax free services?

Tom

Maybe? I know some states do not tax support services provided over phone/internet. This may or may not include support contracts for same. On-site service and travel is usually always taxable. Training on software products may be non taxable as well, everyone should check with their state sales tax office as this could save end users lots of $$$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back