Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSExecute

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2005
IT
Hi i have a question:

if i make in a routine a call like

cmd = "cat ":FileDir:RT:"/seq/elenco_nokia.txt"

Call DSExecute ("UNIX",cmd,out,SystemReturnCode)

and i try to assign out to a parameter in a job into a sequencer i have an error, i think the system don't recognize out as a string, do you know why and how i can resolve it? Thenk you.

I'm not completely sure if that is possible. Are you running the sequencer from your routine as well? Or are you calling this routine from one of the jobs in the sequencer?

hi Brian,
thank you for your reply, i call this routine from one of the jobs in the sequencer, i think is possible, because when i open the job property into the sequencer i can make a call to the routine and if i test the routine it work, i think i have to convert the "out" but i don't know how...have you an idea?? Thank you!!!

I resolved it!!! :)
it needs to make a Trim(out,@FM) because "out" is in an internal format with delimiters, then is necessary to eliminate this delimiters.
bye!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back