Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSEDIT Suddenly Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

majorbroncosfan

Programmer
Feb 23, 2001
US
Up until yesterday afternoon, I have used DSEDIT with no modifications to the program for over 1 1/2 years on the PC I currently use. I can no longer get into it because I get the following error:

"The procedure entry point intl_strbuild could not be located in the dynamic link library libintl.dll"

I have tried everything (literally) to get this working. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Have you installed anything new on the PC that may have upset the shared library search path. If you run a set command are the references for SYBASE pointing to the correct directories? Have you done a find to see if you have more than one libintl.dll on the PC? Can you reinstall the Open Client?

Thank you very much for your reply. I will be back to work on Monday (where the PC is) and will try this. I'll let you know if it works and am very grateful for the help.

Tried all of this and still having issues. I tried going into the command line to see if I could register some of the dlls, but came up with the following error:

LoadLibrary("<dllname>") failed - The specified procedure could not be found.

Please help. This is becoming quite a nuisance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back