Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSA Timeouts using IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstockton

MIS
Aug 13, 2001
US
I've just config'd DSA (v1.5.06) to connect to a Definity R9 and now am receiving timeouts using GEDI. For example, the client authenticates just fine. I can run commands but there are now certain instances where the software will lock up and the connection will timeout. So far, it happens whenever I :
ch vect xx
disp vect xx
disp trunk xx (and subsequently goto page 5)

Anything I can do to rectify this?

TIA for your help.

Timing out could be related to the DSA parameter configuration in your PC.

Open up your DSA, then go to SYSTEM -->PROPERTIES;Highlight LAN Type under Connections--->PROPERTIES-->ADVANCED TAB--->try to change the numbers to see if it helps.

Also, the problem could be related to how busy the CPU in the Definity or the connection speed you have on your Network(should 10-based for the Definity, at least for mine)

Chuck

I've bumped up the timeout from 40k ms to 80k. The other params seem to be for other issues. As far as bandwidth - 100mb switched.

I had to force the port on my switch to 10 1/2 to get it to work correctly.

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Doesn't sound too hot, although preferable to serial or dial in over an analogue line.

Has anyone tried checking the response times for a ping -t from a DOS prompt ?

Traceroute may be of use of you're remote.

Pings from at my location are also sub 10 ms and when I contactes TS regarding this they informed me the only support it at 10 1/2 it is still substantualy faster then any other means of connecting available. José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Where, on the Definity, to I change bandwidth and duplex settings.

Thanks

Yes you must use 10 1/2 because the c-lan can't manage 100baseT full,
There are no entry's in the definity where you can change the bandwitch or duplex off the C-lan board.

Greets, Bob

Sorry guys, I might sound a bit silly here. What is and where do I set the 10 1/2 ?

You have to set the settings on your Ethernet switch were you connect the C-lan board off the Definity
10 1/2 means: 10BaseT half duplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back