Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSA release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy15

Vendor
Apr 23, 2002
US
What is the newest release of DSA & is there a place to downlod it on the internet?
I am having a problem with my version of DSA not wanting to play with a new modem I have gotten.

I think 1.9 is the most current release of DSA (Or, should I say ASA). As far as I know there is no free download avaliable anywhere. I think the software usually goes for around $500.

ASA is Avaya site Administration and the latest release is 1.10.11

Nope, wrong again.
De newest release is 1.11

Every new release of Definity software comes with a new version of ASA.

Michel.

ASA = Avaya Site Admin Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

We are looking at upgrading the software for a couple of sites from R7 to R11. Will the latest release of ASA come with an upgrade?

No, when you do an upgrade of the switch to release 10 or later, you'll get the new ASA release software.

Michel.

We just upgraded 27 switches and I can guarntee you that ASA does not "come" with the upgrade. You will have to purchase a copy, per PC, if you wish to get the latest copy. We ended up purchasing four copies for our group. My AE thought you had to have a license for every switch, but upon checking, it is only per PC to be installed.

Update for MultiVantage 1.1 (aka R11): Avaya Site Administration for MultiVantage is now priced at $0 for new systems and upgrades. The license for ASA would indeed be on a per-PC basis, not a per-switch basis.

I upgraded a switch from a 6 to a 9 and we received ASA 1.9 with it. I believe it's all how your PM decides to put togehter the inventory.

We have added our Intuity Audix system to our network. We can connect to it witout any problems via IP address using DSA but cannot get the function keys to appear correctly. We have selected 4410 as the terminal emulation just like we did using dial-up through Procomm. Any ideas what might be causing the function keys not to appear at the bottom of the screen properly?

I did see your other thread aand I gave an other answer there.
Go to tree in the main screen and check out the properties.
You can fill in a default terminal and perhaps it's wrong. Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

mverkruijssen and mpls are right. As a side note, 1.11 will be required to connect to S8700 switches, but as mpls said, it comes with the switch

We have had the same problem, where it would just ding constantly causing us to have to do a hard reboot. I contact Avaya TSC, they said it is a pc config problem not DSA (ASA). We have tried alot of different things with Avaya on line with us and nothing worked. Under your system properties where you can choose your modem type my co-worker just happened to choose Hayes Optima modem even though we don't have that kind and it has been working fine. Give it a try, you may have to experiment with different modems.
lftpwr

If you go to the support site of your manufacturers modem you should be able to find the modem initialization string and then you can add your modem to appear on the list of possibles. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back