Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptsly

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2004
HU
When I try to install a new exchange 5.5 server and add it to an existing site, I have the error "DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM". I can ping the server by its name.
I install the exchange admin tools on my new server, and I have the same error when I try to connect to the actual one.
Last thing, if I try to click on "browse" in the "connect to server" window, I have a message saying that it's not able to find any exchange server....
Any ideas?

Sounds like a problem with the directory service on that Exchange server. Is the Directory service starting? Probably not. Check the event log for the actual error as to why not and then look that up in Technet.

Hope this helps!

There are 10 types of people in the world,
those who know binary, and those who don't!

Vos [peace]

Directory service works on it

May be a permissions problem. Make sure that the user you are installing the new exchange server with has Service Account Admin permissions on the Organisation, Site & configuration folders.

Hope this helps.

I have full access and admins rights on my domain.
I have installed exchange administrator tools on my laptop, and I can connect to every other sites I have, except the one I need. When I try to, I have the same error message than when I tried to join the site with my new server....

Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue. Exchange 5.5 sp4 on NT sp6. Admin wont run on my w2k machine...are you running this on a w2k machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back