Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopsy

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2002
AU
We have two Exchange 5.5 servers on different sites, and we're having some comms issues between the two. One site hosts a webmail server, but won't service requests for mailboxes based at the other. It was working previously, and I'm not sure whats changed.

On site A, when I select the site B server in Exchange Administrator, I get a "Microsoft Exchange Directory DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM" error message.

Both sites are running fine, in terms of servicing their local users, and emails are being received & delivered externally without any problems.

Both sites are running 5.5, site A on Windows 2000 Server, and site B on NT Server.

I can ping from A to B and vice versa, so basic comms seems to be fine. I've checked that all the Exchange services are running at both ends, and have tried restarting.

Any suggestions?

Hi!
What is your domain structure – 1 or 2 domains, AD in place?

forum.gif
NetoMeter

2 NT domains with a trust relationship in place. No AD.

One more point that may be relevant. We actually have a third Exchange server, and it can connect to site B quite happily, so seems the problem is perhaps at Site A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back