Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS8 Card log in issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo2015

Technical User
Nov 9, 2013
GB
Hi,

I added a new DS8 card to a system today and connected 3 digital handsets.

It is asking to log in?? I thought digital handsets were just plug and play and it would create the user. I have tried logging in with new user details and nothing works. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Hi
when you installed the card then power on the system, it creates new extensions and users for that card. if yes, check the card status from the SSA and check its ports

is there a log in code set under user/telephony/supervisor settings?

Ok thanks, the card is recognised on the system as you can see it in the config but it has not created the users. I will log back in and check ssa this afternoon.

Seems quite odd, I might go back to site and try and reinstall the card.

The card is recognised by the system as it appears in the config but it has not created any users. I have not logged into ssa yet but will check this later.
I may just go back to site and reinstall the card.

Look for a login code as Joe suggested and also make sure force login is not checked.

There is a system option (must be under telephony I think) called "auto create extensions and users for digital an analogue". If enabled it will create those if disabled you have to create users yourself and enter numbers to the extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back