Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS4100 Email alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougieoz

MIS
Aug 11, 2005
GB
Hi all,
I'm using storage manager client 9.15 and administer using out of band connection.
I'm trying to configure email alerts. I enter the email servers FQDN, as well as the recipient email address, but when i go to validate the email it gives an error "cannot contact my email server"
Can you set up email alerts when using out of band, or does it need to be in-band?

Regards

D

Out-of-band is via TCPIP network connection.

Is the TCPIP config on the ds4k unit properly set up? Is the gateway address correct? Can you ping the ds4k's address from the mail server?

HTH,

p5wizard

Yes the TCP/IP config is set up on the DS4100 with the appropriate config.
The email server can ping the SAN's management address with out issue.

Regards

D

I assume it's a name resolution issue then. Can you define your mail server with its IP address instead of its name in the email alert configuration and see where that gets you?

HTH,

p5wizard

I tryed that but still gives the error unable to contact email server.
The only thing i can think of is the boxes that are using the SAN are vmware ESX 2.5 boxes, that don't have an agent.
Could it be anything to do with that?

Regards

D

Is there a firewall between the DS4k box and the mailserver? You may need to open up SMTP port 25 on the firewall if any...

Is the mailserver running an SMTP agent?

HTH,

p5wizard

There are no firewalls and they are in the same subnet.
The server is running an smtp agent.

Regards

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back