Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS1 (T-1) Clocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

distcomp

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
How do I check/change where a T-1 is clocking from? I am experiencing some miss-directed DID numbers on a incoming T-1 circuit, as well as, "sync" errors (error type 1793, 1, 513) when a run a "display errors" report.

My provider is telling me that I need to be clocking off of them and I am not sure how to check that setting.

I have done a "cha synchronization" to see if I can change the sync to loop or slave, but that doesn't seem to be the right place for that command.

Any suggestions...

You would need to go to "change Synchronization" this page will let you pick the t-1 you get your time from and a back up just in case. So many buttons So little time
Thanks All
Phoneman2

I'm not sure what loop or slave is, I didn't see that as an option on my G3-R8. I have PRIs. As far as you DIDs go you don't have any conversion going on do you, is it happening to the same DIDs or to all of them? So many buttons So little time
Thanks All
Phoneman2

There is no loop or slave.
note the board no. of the T1 in the switch.
do a change sync.
overwrite or add to primary that ds1 pack no.
save it, takes a few minutes for the sync to kick in.
keep doing a status sync until it shows up.

if it dosen't then you will have to disable sync.
set sync to the T! board.

hope this helps....

Hi,
You can set the synchro on ch synch.
But if you wont to change the signaling mode than you shoud go to ch ds1 xxxx. MKD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back