Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS1 Card Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirrono

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2002
US
I want to swap out a TN464F for a TN2313AP. Can I just pull the one and replace it? or
1. Do I have to shut down the system? or
2. Do I have to reconfigure something?
I have never done this before and need some advice. Thanks, Ron

SirRono

You won't need to shut down the switch, but you'll need to remove all programming associated with that card before you do it. This includes any channels on any trunk groups, the DS1 board itself and any signalling groups (if you're using PRI).

Okay, then I just duplicate the programming for the new card? What happens to the circuit while I am doing this? Thanks for responding. Ron

SirRono

I would really benefit from a structured plan of events procedure. Would you be willing to list the procedures for accomplishing this task? Thanks, Ron

SirRono

Sirrono

To replace the card of different TN's its always advisable to busy out the card first.

Then remove the TN entry by using the change circuit-packs for that Particular slot.

Definitely you will need to remove configuration and re-configure the card for this purpose.

Thanks[yinyang]ZORRO5[yinyang]

Sirrono

Try this.
Do a display on DS1, Trunk group and sig group and print the screens first so you have a record of them. Maybe do a backup before you start.

Busy the DS1 location
remove the members from the trunk group
remove the sig group
remove the DS1
change circuit packs for the relevant cabinet and remove the TN464
remove the circuit pack
install the new circuit pack
add the new DS1 - copy relevant entries from your print out
add a new sig group (leave out trunk group entries)
change your trunk group - add the members in
change your sig group again and enter trunk group details

Hope this helps, maybe someone else could double check my suggestion as well

I suppose I need the craft password to busy out the card, right? When enter the busyout command I only get the option "mis". Any suggestions? Thanks, Ron

SirRono

Sounds like you lack proper permissions.

If you are under maintenance then you can have avaya turn on the "msp" permissions (which will allow you to make the changes you want).

If you are not under maintenance then you need a BP who is friendly or willing to break the rules so to speak.

Lastly you could hire a vendor to make the changes and they can use their permission levels.

If you don't see anything except "mis" then you don't have maitenance service permissions. If you do a 'disp sys cust' you will see station and trunk msp? N. You need that Yes to busyout a trunk.

Do you have a "dadmin" login?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back