Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS1 and CM5.x - UK trunking - missing protocol version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayavauser

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
US
just noticed on a new CM5.0 system that in the DS1 form for when setting it up for trunking with UK providers ( BT , Colt , etc )

that right below Country Protocol there use to be a field for " protocol version "

Country Protocol : etsi

protocol version: b

When changing Country Protocol to etsi - the option is removed , if you set it for anything other 1 , 2, etc
its becomes a valid option

Looked at a few older system in UK running CM3.x , CM4.x and its there when setting up UK trunking and etsi the only other thing I noticed was mulitinational locations is no longer a option as well when pulling a license for the systems - all my other systems be it they are older have it stroked

did avaya remove this functions with CM5.x ?

cheers : )

ayavauser

No, it was not removed.

When you set 'ETSI' you will see slightly further down a new field appear 'Disable Restarts'. This is effectively your protocol version as that is all they did.

What I mean is, the difference between A & B was that 'restarts' were enable or disabled. Problem is that nobody understood that and configured their DS1s incorrectly.

So, now it's been made more obvious.

Multinational locations is still in CM5.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back