Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS modules plastic posts for sister cards 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhinorhino

Vendor
Aug 29, 2022
US
hmfile_hash_ab392971_evecq4.png

I'm looking to buy some of the little plastic posts that support the sister board cards inside a DS Modules.

Does anyone have a part name or supplier source and also the correct size.

I do see them on Amazon but they come in several sizes and diameters.

I think they are called snap in Board Supports and also come in metal with a screw.

Thanks

Looks as though they are called PCB spacers

Nylon are 26mm total 15.5mm space
Metal are 22mm total with screws 15.5mm space

I've had the problem of the ends snapping off when trying to insert them into the little holes on the PCB too. I just stopped using them and have had no problems at all, you don't really need them. The metal posts/screws on the opposite side of the board hold it in place and there is enough friction from the multi-pin connector that it's not going to come loose.

Just to jump in here. I used to leave them off but one time I had a problem and I couldn't figure out why the PRI was offline until I pulled the card out and I found out that for some reason over time maybe with heat or expansion contraction of the plastic the connectors between the motherboard and the daughter board actually slightly separated disconnecting in enough so that the board actually was no longer recognized.

So I went for always making sure all the posts are installed and tight referring metal over plastic as designed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back