Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drupal Gardens - changing contact address 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphonzo

Programmer
Apr 9, 2003
GB
I've inherited a site built on Drupal Gardens. I need to change the contact destination email address, but I can't find where to do it. Forums say to edit in "submission access", but as there's no web form active, I can't find that section. Does anyone know what I can do?

Drupal often uses a Contact Forms module and/or a Web Form module. You probably just have the Contact Forms module in play. It is edited here:

[yourdomain].com/admin/structure/contact

Thanks for the info, but there's a none too helpful message waiting there:

"You are not authorized to access this page. "

Does that mean I have to contact the administrators to do this?

I assumed that when you said that you inherited a site, that you inherited control of it. If you did not really inherit it, then you need to converse with the true heirs to apply this change.

There is also a possibility that Drupal Gardens alters the normal structure of a Drupal site. The path that I suggested is what a normal Drupal system uses. If Drupal Gardens offers another means to navigate, you can seek out the Contact Form settings under their "Structure" section.

There's just "BBlocks" and "Menus" in Structure. I can find "Contact (disabled)" in the Menus section, but there seems to be no way of changing the recipient address.

It sounds like whoever bequeathed the site to you did not give you full admin access. Drupal allows multiple user roles with varying permissions.

Roles:
[yoursite]/admin/people/permissions/roles

Permissions:
[yoursite]/admin/people/permissions

If you do not have access to these paths, you are not able to administer the site.

Use extreme caution in modifying roles and permissions. Tweaking these settings is a good way for a new Drupal user to open a site to abuse.

It certainly looks that way. I'll get onto the developers tomorrow. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back