Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drum not turning when maintenance roler rises to drum

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert8400user

Technical User
Feb 14, 2010
NL
At cold startup when all parts move in the machine to do their work and the maintenace roller goes up a few times the drum is not turning then it stays still and does not move at all. Later it starts to turn and it looks it does its job.

Lateron the printhead gets blocked at the back of the machine with error 37.0010.43. I can only get it back by hand.

Check for spilled wax on the roll block, and on the waste tray sensor. Check the wiper blade for movement, and alignment. Check the solonoid flapper behind the top left I/O board. Clean, or tape it.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Thanks Michael for your great answer. I will special check the solonoid. I have opened the machine and found all particels of ink around the transfix roller, it all looked like coloured grass. I have cleaned everything and done all home positions and tryed again but the same result. Now I have checked on a working 8400 If you make the maintenance cover open, you can see everything in working order with startup and cleaning, and on the good working 8400 you see the drum moving when the maintenance roler goes up and down...So it is realy faulty that mine machine does not move the drum at all when the maintenance roller goes up in the start seqeuences. All the things that you did write have nothing with electronics to do, there must be a signal missing or a fault in the electronics box.
Strange that there is no fault displayed or recognised by the machine. I believe from the point the machine is ready to use the drum works correctly, only in the startup everything goes wrong. Have you ever seen this???
I have made some photograps to display what is happening but can not see a way to attach them to this message.
If have also some other photographs made about opened printing heads etc.
OK, so far now...If someone knows what is realy happening here with my machine...I should be very happy!

Check your Ink Heater 1 cabling[if the 37,010:43 error is correct]as this is a PEST error. You need to run Y axis encoder test to ensure te drum has not stalled or defective. Possible bad encoder which means you will need to replace the drum[encoder is not sold seperately]. Run the drum maintenance drive test.

You did not say if there were any other errors. Look in the error log.

If you have cleaned all ink, ensured all connection are good and still have issues take it to an Xerox ASP. They can fix it cheaper and quicker than you can. Also if you don't know how to do the above steps take it to a Xerox ASP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back