Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRT for two Calling Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneDoctorLV

Vendor
Aug 21, 2009
US
Have a client that has two calling groups 1 for Catering and 1 for Front Office. They both ahve 3 lines in a seperate Hunt group each. Catering dials 8 for access to their group and Office dials 9.

They ahve a low level of software that only allows the front office Recp. to get the CID info first before answering the call. That works ok for her at Ext-200 but for the Catering Dept they do not get CID info unless they answer the phone first.

Is there any way to use DRT or something else to allow Calling Group 2 to first see the CID info before answering?

I do not want to upgrade their software.

Set the CLID set for that group's lines to one of the sets in that group. By default, it's the lowest extension, usually the recept set, but it doesn't have to be.

Pity you can't talk 'em into an upgrade.

Ext. 200 is using Access Code 9 for 3 lines and Ext. 204 is using Access code 8 for their 3 lines. I thought I could only set one set for the entire system as the one that gets CID before answering the call

That is correct but it is the line you tell what set gets the CLID first.So go to lines and program the second hunt to be CLID to be X204.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back