Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropping Wind! (Pardon me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raygunc

Programmer
Dec 29, 2003
GB
Hi all,

What is the best technique to reduce wind noise in captured video. I have a number of scenes where the wind noise is beyond reasonable. I've dabbled with the de-noiser within Premiere Pro but had little success - mainly because I'm not clear on the settings to alter to achieve a desired result.

Any tips or methods that you've had success with?

Thanks

Ray

I'm not sure the best way for you to approach it. The problem is sound associated with wind spans a multitude of frequencies, and most likely the frequency range you would like to keep. There are third party programs available that can filter specified frequency ranges, but most likely to filter the wind would also mean diminishing the audio you wish to keep. Sorry - hopefully someone has better news for you. (That is why mics have baffles on them).

Hello,

I just logged in to ask the same question, so I do hope there is someone out there with answers. Sure, baffles are the proper way to go, but what if you have a clip with wind that you just have to use. Any way to fix it, or least improve it?

Where is this de-noiser you refer to?

windily yours,

Michael

It may not be an option for you but Adobe Audition has some great noise reduction filters you can fiddle with. Due to the fact that it's wind there are probably flucuations in the frenquency just as Irsmith mentioned. if you use Audition you'll have a live preview to work with in adjusting filters. This could save you a lot of time. alternately, if the sound is a non-event type, then you can always ADR it and go back to that area to record ambience, etc... hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back