Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropping out of a Conference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

FonePhreak

Technical User
Mar 1, 2006
US
Option 11c, Rel 4.0, PRI lines, M3904 phone.

We have a user working at home today. He needs to make a long distance call to a client.
He wants me to call him at home (local call) and then call his long distance client and conference them together (thus having our company incurring the long distance charges). Once all three of us are conferenced together, if I hang up (since I am not part of the conversation), will the other two parties (the employee and the client) be dropped and the conference call terminated, or will the switch keep the other two parties connected until they hang up?
Thanks.
Carl.

if you intiate and call both parties, yes, it will hang up. If he is local, have him call you, you call the client, and then you can drop off.

Mato' Was'aka

Nortel systems can be configured to behave either way, and I don't recall the differences for each configuration.

You can test with a cell phone by calling the cell phone, then calling a long distance number (I'm not sure where your are, but the number for weather in Washington, DC is: 202-936-1212). Conference them, then hang up, and see if the cell phone stays connected to the weather.

Thank you for the replies.
I tested per allenmac's suggestion (called local cellphone number, then a test LD number, conferenced them and then hung up). All connections were dropped. (Just as bigindian65 predicted.) I did not try bigindian65's other suggestion, although after thinking about it, I was able to just have the local cell phone call me at the office and in turn, I called and transferred the cell call to the LD number.
No conferencing feature required.
Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Carl.

another way, call him or have him call you, transfer him to the ld number.. if it happens to often, give him a analog did with rcfw so he can use disa to rcfw the analog station to his cust.. then call the did on the analog..

if you don't want disa, just build a maxp 1 acd ncfw to the cust... he calls the acdn, mr cusstomer is on the phone, you can go back to sleep

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Have the work at home user call you, then you confer the client. Two outbound COTs can't remain up when the PBX drops. On in, and another out can stay up (can, not will).

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back