Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropped voicemail calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcsnoy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2004
US
Has anyone had experience with IP Office dropping voicemail calls? When users are retrieving or leaving messages, sometimes the phone hangs up on them. It doesn't happen all the time, but seems to get worse the longer since a voicemail server reboot. We have an IP 406 with version 2.1(15). Following the advice of our vendor, we upgraded Voicemail Pro from 2.0.17.0 to 2.1.10, but we're still dropping calls. I haven't upgraded IP Office to 2.1(24)...yet - It's happening this evening. Has anyone experienced this (dropping calls) or know if upgrading IPO will fix the problem? Thanks.

Just a warning for you -

If this site has more than like 15-20 users, and they are a busy site, watch out for vm pro being 2.1.10. We had a client running a 412 with vm pro being 2.1.10, and it created all kinds of issues. AVAYA said that vm pro 2.1.10 makes a ton of tftp requests to the control unit. The control unit can only handle up to 32 tftp requests at one time, so if you have a busy site (i.e. other things are making tftp requests as well), you will start to see errors. So, if this is a site that you would consider to be busy, just be cautious about vm pro 2.1.10 and watch out for errors like not being able to pull configs, buttons freezing, etc.

-dlatt1283

VM Pro V2.1.12 is currently on trial & will jhopefully resolve this issue.

V2.1(27) is also on trial & is supposed to cure a whole heap of problems (I have a list 2 pages long).

NOTE: thes versions are still on field trial so may still have problems!

Ah....... perhaps that is the cause of one of our client's random complaints of VM disconnects, as they are 2.1.10

I've puzzled over that for a while, wondering if there was a telco issue with a particular trunk.

Tier 3 Avaya told me yesterday that:

VM Pro V2.1.12 will be available in Dec.

V2.1(27) will be avalable in Dec.

IP406 v2 will be avalable in Dec.

SUBJECT TO CHANGE, OF COURSE

V3.0 is likely to be pushed off to March

V3.0 HAS been delayed to the end of March

I for 1 am relieved that it is not being rushed to meet an unachievable deadline.

VMP 2.1.?? and V2.1(??) need to be released soon, but agin they need to Work!

I've upgraded VM Pro to 2.1.10 and upgraded IP Office to 2.1(24). It seems to have fixed the problem. I haven't received any more complaints...yet.

IPO V2.1(24) & VM Pro V2.1.10 & no complaints?
Expect them SOON.
Another post in this forum has already given a list of known bugs & it is huge!

Huge, but the vast majority of them seem to me to only happen in obscure situations.

In my experience, with DS phones and a locale of enu, 2.1.248901 is worth upgrading to.

Peter

I have exactly the same problem ip403 with 2.124 and vmpro 2.1.10. are you running 2003 server? this problem only happened to me when I upgraded my operating system to 2003 and was fine with 2k I have heard the a complete re-install helps !!! I have not got aroung to sesting this myself.

put it on 2k should fix the prob until 2.1.12 comes out

VM 2.1(14) is on trial and contains following the fixes:

- The Voicemail Pro Service now no longer stops unexpectedly when an IP-Office reconnects to a running Voicemail Pro, if user data changes have been made on the IP-Office whilst the Voicemail Pro was disconnected.
- Phone status changes now do not occur without user interaction
- When announcing queue prompts to queued callers, the start of the announcement is now heard.

If you need it contact Tier IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back