Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropped Frames Capturing Video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegtv

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
US
I firewire video into Premiere 6.5. I work in Win 98 2nd edition(512mb, 40 gig) When recording, it displays "dropping frames". Video plays back also with random dropped frames. Audio also cuts out at this point. It looks like all settings are proper on Adobe. Could it be my video card? Am I importing it wrong? I use "movie capture". Any suggestions?

How fast is your hard drive? If it is not 7200rpm that could be the problem.

Kim Leece.

I have experienced "dropped frames" sometimes when there is a part on the tape where I stopped recording, rewound it, played it past the part where I stopped recording, and then continued recording. In this case, the frames that were dropped were blank anyway. But for you, I would recomend capturing only a little bit at a time. This may reduce the chance of losing frames.

Yes, I have tried different tapes and different spots. Same results. My hard drive is fast enough,also. It seems to start out good, but after a few seconds it lets me know its dropping one frame, then two, etc. Is there a particular codec that would work better?

What do you have the import settings set to (30f Drop-Frame)? Some firewire cards are known to have issues, search the internet with your firewire model# and see if anything comes up.

-Volkoff007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back