Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropped calls when forwarding to external number

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSilverberg

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2006
CA
I've got a BCM400 with 2 PRI trunks.

When a particular user tries to forward his DN to his cell phone, which IS allowed, it rings once (maybe, sometimes not at all) and rings fast-busy. Below is a trace of the PRI itself, and I can't determine why this would drop th call. Any thoughts? Help! :)

15:01:21 < CC < CREF 2F DISCONNECT_CC Interworking, unspecified
Cause - interworking, unspecified
Coding Standard: CCIRR standardized coding as described below
Cause Class: Interworking
Cause: unspecified
05 00 80 00 7F 00

I can call his cell and it works just fine, but there is a delay before it rings. Could this delay be playing into it?

Might want to check for destination codes and route(s). If you're using only line pool codes to dial out, call forwarding doesn't work.

I have it set up as a destination code (9) which uses route 003, which points to PRI-A... any other thoughts?

In addition - it works SOMETIMES. I just can't quite figure out the pattern as to when it works vs. when it doesn't. I don't have any other complaints about this feature, and I've got over 130 users on the system...

Try Switching your Destination Code to 9A. You may have to build some more routes depending on what you are dialing. such as 91A etc.

I'm not sure what you mean here... what is the "A" exactly, a pause? The system won't accept A as part of the forwarding number...? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Thanks for the assist!!

I had the same problem on a BCM with 2 PRI's from different suppliers. I could route out on the same PRI but not the other would do exactly what you're describing.

Not sure if this is relevent, butis'an i2050 phone...

If I use destination code 7, which forces it off the same PRI as it came in on, doesn't seem to change the situation...

The "A" means any. When building dest. codes, over the left button gives you an option of "any", meaning 9 plus any number will directed by that dest. code.

I just tried this, but with no luck. I'm not sure I understand the concept of using a wildcard for a destination code.

I created a new one called 6A, and the user type 69<phone number) to get out (which works when dialed from a set). But still a disconnect once forwarded.

On all my systems we just use line pool A, make sure phone is (line redirect allowed) CFW 9-1-NPA-NXX-xxx OR 9-NXX-xxx.

I had this problem on a Cisco Call Manager what I had to do was send the call to voice mail then transfer out.... There is a problem within the local network (PSTN).. Have you tried forwarding to another number? If so what happens?

Daily Thought: Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when
pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Seems to work fine to another line, in fact it's working just fine today. Tomorrow will be another story... any other thoughts?

A little Prayer never hurts!!!

Daily Thought: Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when
pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

The UIP trace message

15:01:21 < CC < CREF 2F DISCONNECT_CC Interworking, unspecified

means that that the BCM is sending a release because it is unahppy. The fact that the first arrow points to the left
means that the BCM is sending this message. if the first arrow points to the right it means the other end of the ISDN trunk is sending the message.

According to the Q.931 spec (on of the ISDN specs), the
far end has to send you a proceeding or alerting message within I believe 3 seconds of the BCM sending the SETUP message. If the far end does not do this then the caller (the BCM) is within spec to drop the call.

I would recommend you include the complete UIP trace for that call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back